Wednesday, December 16, 2009

On the first day of Christmas... Oh wait... it's past that!!!

I am officially done Christmas Shopping!!! I got my last thing for Jordon on Monday while he was sleeping! I had to get my dad to get it with me because 1) I didn't know exactly which "thing" to get and needed a mans opinion AND 2)I needed the van to transport it. I am so excited for him to open it! It is really the only surprise he is getting and it's really the biggest present either of us is going to get. All of you out there going to school and have kids know what it's like to be poor! We are loving it though! My uncle told me that these are the best days.. newly wed, new baby, first holidays, nothing is quite as fun. I believe him! I like living simply. It makes me more grateful for the little extra money we have. PLUS- I am much better at managing money cuz I have to be! Wonderful life.

I know that this is getting cliche but I am going to express my love and thankfulness for my family and friends. I just love you all!! And the Lord has truly blessed me with an amazing family and extended family that is always supportive and reassuring. They are great examples of how to live the gospel. I know that my kids have the opportunity to always to protected and loved and this brings me such peace. I have been blessed with a great husband that works hard for good grades and for his paycheck. We never have to worry about going hungry or being homeless. What a great blessing to even have a job right now! Today I want to thank Valeigha specifically. Thank you for being the "big sister" I can look up to and learn from. Thank you for living your life in a way that is an example to both Jordon and I. Thank you for being such a wonderful mother and cook! Thank you for having an open heart. Thank you for being a great aunt for Hadleigh. Thank you for all the reassuring words that you have said to me lately. It really does make me feel closer to you and better about myself. Thank You Thank You Thank You!!

2 comments:

  1. You are so welcome. Thank you for even saying all those nice things. I feel like we have become closer these past few weeks and I am excited to have sisters. Growing up with all those boys gets tiring after awhile. I love, love, love the pics of Hadleigh. She is seriously so stinking cute. My fav is the grrrr face. You need to send me a pic of her in her Christmas dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! Her "grr" face is my favorite! I feel bad that I taught her it but it is too cute! I am trying to get some more pictures of her posted on facebook but cant figure out why they wont pull up!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome To Our Crazy Wonderful life!