Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Ode to Erin

So I was reading my friends blog and she was talking about Motherhood 202... This is to her!
I just want you to know that you are one of the most amazing people I have had the opportunity to know! Since JUNIOR HIGH you have been one of the women that I have looked up to. From the Basketball court to the Class room to Seminary you have been strong and have sent Satan on a run for his money. I know that your daughter is one lucky girl to have you as a mother and friend. Heck-I am lucky to have you as a friend! When you are doubting yourself know that you are better than you think and I will always be here for you. You can do it!!

Motherhood is hard and it seems like Satan makes us women feel inadequate. I know I have days that make me want to get in bed and leave Hadleigh with Jordon for the rest of the week! I say we show Satan why our Father in Heaven gave us the blessing of being mothers to children (whether biologically or adopted.) We are strong, We are unwavering, We are the chosen generation and I know that we can withstand Satan and his self doubt. Our Mother in Heaven is the most precious to our Father and so are we. Ever wonder why not very many women are mentioned in the scriptures? I think it is because He holds us close to his heart.

I know that as my daughter grows and develop certain things will get easier and other things will get harder. I pray that I have the strength to be the mother that Heavenly Father wants me to be. I pray that my daughter will see me as an example. I pray that she will know of my love for her. I pray that we as women will start realizing our worth and that Satan will realize he is nowhere near good enough to even insert himself in our lives!

1 comment:

  1. so i just checked your blog . . . thank you so much heather. you are too kind. thank you for your kind words and your support. hadleigh is one lucky baby too ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome To Our Crazy Wonderful life!