Friday, February 19, 2010

It's a quarter after one, I'm all alone and I need you now...

Ok so it was 2 am but those lyrics are exactly what Hadleigh was saying last night. She woke up at 2 and was so sad. She has been having nightmares lately and not sleeping well at night. Last night was a sad night. That's right I said sad.. not bad. I went into her room after shaking myself awake from a very funny dream and found her trying to stand up in her crib crying. I did what I do every night, pick her up, roll her over, tuck her in and go back to bed. She didn't stop so I went back in and picked her and burped her. She stopped so I put her back in the crib and went back to bed. Just as I laid down she started crying again. Back to the room I go, I picked her up again and she immediately put her head on my shoulder (which she RARELY does, she doesn't like to cuddle) and I started humming "I am a Child of God". She snuggled right in and I put her soft fuzzy blanket around her. She started to breath really heavy. I turned her into a cradle position and kept humming and rocking. She fell asleep in my arms.

It's moments like these that make my heart melt.

It's moments like these that make losing sleep worth it.

It's moments like these that make being a mom the BEST job in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome To Our Crazy Wonderful life!