Thursday, March 8, 2012

When I'm stressed about money....

I have a really bad habit of shopping when I am stressed about money.
It sounds so ridiculous and it is 100 PERCENT ABSURD!!
Who shops when they have no money? Or live on a tight budget?

I do pretty good most of the time, but every once-in-a-while I have a melt down and shop away.
My biggest problem is I love clothes! And I love deals! So when I get coupons about taking $20 off a $50 purchase I leap for it! I am so bad when it comes to deals on clothes.

The reason of this post is not to divulge my dark secrets to those that read my blog but to try and work things out in my head by "writing" it on paper. Seeing is believing...

We took our "El Diablo" aka Titan to the vet to get his yearly shots. (the black one)

He's been limping on and off this winter and we thought it was time to go and see what the deal was while we were there. Turns out our sweetheart has to have surgery to repair a knee cap that slides on and off. He has to have part of his bone in his knee taken out to make a bigger divot so that his knee cap can't slide on and off. This is going to cost us $1000 to $1200.

$1000 to $1200 dollars we DO NOT have. When we got our tax return we paid off one credit card, paid Jake back for his washer,dryer and lawn mower, and then put a significant amount on our other credit card. We then had $1000 to play with. We went out to eat, we bought clothes, we have a couple hundred in our savings and we finished our bedrooms. All the play money is gone now. After the shots and check up the "play money" was played with.

If we had taken Titan to the Vet 1 or 2 weeks earlier we would have had the money set aside. Granted we would have had to have been super tight with our paycheck and return but the Vet bill would be covered. No that it's not we have no idea what to do. This is a lot of money.

I guess I just need help and prayers to know what to do to keep our family afloat the next couple months. Any advice is also greatly appreciated. I just want my family to be healthy and safe and be able to put some money in savings at least once a month.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome To Our Crazy Wonderful life!