Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Easter

I can't believe that it has been almost a year since I last posted pictures from our camera!! Cest La Vie!  This last week was a stressful one for me.  My body as you know was wiggin out, we had dentist appointments and I was deep spring cleaning my house in preparation for the Clark Easter Party.  This year we were in charge of the Easter party and I decided to host it at our house.  Grandma Venus has lots and lots of stuff at her house so I try to give her a break and have our holiday parties at our house.  She also makes lots of food for scheduled and nonscheduled family get togethers so I try not to ask her to make too much when we host.  I just know how stressful it is and I feel bad having anyone else stress out!!  Venus knew that I was freaking out and suggested that we do finger foods and have everyone bring something small to help out.  That was GENIUS!! For Thanksgiving I made an entire feast (mostly) and that wore me out for about 2 weeks so finger foods it was.  We made the main dish and then has everyone else bring stuff.

Anyways, with my blood count still really low I haven't had very much energy.  It takes alot for me to even get "ready" for the day not including getting Hadleigh ready.  I had to break up the deep cleaning into 8 days.  I started Friday the 15th with cleaning the walls, doors and baseboards and window sills.  Then it was blinds, organize Hadleigh's room, dust everything, then vacuum up stairs, downstairs and the stairs.  I then had to deep clean the bathroom which took a whole day since I had to bleach the grout on our tile floor. I took a day break to go grocery shopping for the rest of the month.  Then it was vacuum again!! Seriously, that never ends!!! Jordon helped alot by sweeping and mopping and vacuuming the couches the day of the party.  I did all the laundry too so that everything was clean.  We even washed the dogs bed, towels, blankets and water bowels!! Then about an hour before anyone came I sprayed everything with Lysol.  We were sick earlier and with a pregnant lady and baby coming I wanted to make sure that our house was sterile.  Spencer also has bad allergies/asthma triggered by animals so I wanted to make sure he could breathe.

It turned out great!  I had Hadleigh and Jordon help me fill eggs for the 3 kids to hunt the night before and I think that was Hadleigh's favorite part.  They hunted in the house since it is Second Winter here and then after about 2 hours of relaxing and playing they dyed eggs with the Dads.  I had lots of fun and I think everyone else did too!

I am very very happy though that our Holiday is already done for the year and next year we don't have a holiday til summer!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome To Our Crazy Wonderful life!