Friday, July 23, 2010

Do I show it?

Compassion: noun; sympathetic consciousness of others' distress together with a desire to alleviate it

Sympathy: noun; feeling of loyalty : tendency to favor or support: the act or capacity of entering into or sharing the feelings or interests of another : the feeling or mental state brought about by such sensitivity

Empathy: noun; the action of understanding, being aware of, being sensitive to, and vicariously experiencing the feelings, thoughts, and experience of another of either the past or present without having the feelings, thoughts, and experience fully communicated in an objectively explicit manner

Christlike
: noun; an ideal type of humanity

These are just a few words that I have been thinking about lately. I try to live my life the best that I can. I hold myself to a high standard and expect to be the example to those around me. These are also just a few "actions" that I try to exhibit everyday and I expect others to exhibit them as well. Is this demanding of me? I don't know. I hope not. I hope that it helps me to strive to be a better all-around person. I hope that it helps others be better as well.

P.S.
Sunday is Hadleigh Belle Belle's FIRST birthday! Prepare yourself for at least 2 posts on her and celebrations.

1 comment:

Welcome To Our Crazy Wonderful life!