Monday, July 12, 2010

I guess I should explain


I guess I should explain why I am getting a job.

I am excited and nervous and a little sad and worried!! It's like having a baby all over again! Just kidding... but kinda! I am excited to start getting paid for working but I am nervous that I won't pick up on things as quickly as I used to. I am sad and worried about my little Hadleigh Baby!! I don't want to leave her, even though it's only for a few hours 5 days a week but still.. I am with her ALL day! And I am worried that I won't be able to cope with leaving her. Hadleigh will be fine.... she is so independent that she won't even notice I left!!

I got a part-time job working for Wells Fargo as a teller! I think that I will like the job a lot! And my supervisor is really nice. I hope everyone is really nice!!

Ok, so now, why I even applied...
I worry so much about finances. Way way WAY more than I should. Jordon's job is secure and he works hard and he works over-time when he can. I just want us to have our savings back up and I want us to have wiggle room each month. Also, with our new car payment I worry that things will get really tight when Jordon goes to school in the fall. No more over-time. No more extra money. You see what I mean.

Some comments have also been made to me by various people that they think that I do nothing all day. Or that they feel like they do more than I do and that they always have to clean. These comments hurt. I mean they really really hurt. I work hard all day and all night! My "job" may not be as physically taxing as theirs but mine is still hard. Taking care of a house, a puppy, everything that comes with a house (ie: laundry, sweeping, moping) a husband and a baby is hard!! I love taking care of my loves and I love spending all day with them and I am sad that I won't be able to anymore but I hope that the persons who have made these comments see how much I really do everyday. I hope that I am appreciated a little more.

Are those bad reasons? Stability and appreciation? I hope not. And I hope that those of you reading this post will be supportive of my choice. I think that a mother's main "job" should be raising the children they have BUT I also think that when tough times come you gotta do what you can to make sure that your family is still supported. Staying at home is a luxury these days and I am happy that I was able to this last year!

I love my kid and I love my puppy and I will be happy to return home permanently again!

2 comments:

  1. Good for you Heather, don't let what other people say get you like that. I'm also currently in the process of finding a job because these ARE tough times. I worked 40+ when my kids were younger and I only saw them about 3-4 hours a day, it was tough and I'm not going to lie :-) But staying home these past 2 years has definitely been a 'luxury'. And, you're right; you do WORK at home ALL DAY. Every mommy does but sometimes mommy's gotta go to work and bring home some bacon like US, lol! Good for you and your new job, I hope you like it! I'm sure Hadleigh will be just fine, I love the photos on the sidebar, she's so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Obviously this has been a very hard decision for you & only you know what is best for you & your family, so I think its great! I'm sure everything will work out & be just fine. I enjoy working, at least while I don't have any babies at home, but even then I know I will want to do some type of other work as well.
    I hope u love Wells Fargo & that they love u!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome To Our Crazy Wonderful life!